Charleston Reindeer Run
The Charleston Reindeer Run is a family-oriented, pet-friendly 5k run/walk through the lower peninsula of downtown Charleston. The event has grown significantly over the years; from only a few hundred participants to record attendance of over 3,500 runners.
Proceeds from the Reindeer Run are split between the campaign for the Medical University of SC Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital and the Charitable Society of Charleston. 80% of the funds go to MUSC and 20% to the Charitable Society of Charleston’s endowment. This endowment provides grants and donations to local non-profit organizations, which benefit both children and elderly residents of the Lowcountry.
The Reindeer Run starts at 9:00 am near the corner of East Bay and Queen Street. The 5k race route takes you along the beautiful Charleston Battery and brings you back to where you started to finish the race. Afterward, enjoy the after party in the official Beer Garden or visit one of the many nearby restaurants.
Charleston Reindeer Run Photos
Charleston Reindeer Run Location and Map
- START is on East Bay St just south of Queen St. Mark is on west side of street and is even with middle of center column of 153 East Bay St.
- Course heads South on East Bay St.
- Course turns right (west) on Broad St.
- Course turns left (south) on Meeting St.
- Course turns right (west) on South Battery St.
- MILE 1 is 6' 0" West of SCE&G; pole 65415, on S. Battery Legare & Lenwood.
- Course turns right (north) onto Ashley Ave.
- Course turns left (west) onto Tradd St.
- Course turns left (southeast) on Murray Blvd. Runners proceed on the outside (right) lane, (lanes separated by curbed islands the length of Murray Blvd.)
- MILE 2 is even with water meter of 46 Murray (east of Limehouse)
- Course turns left (north) onto East Bay St.
- MILE 3 is on East Bay St. in intersection adjacent to manhole cover in middle of intersection.
- FINISH is on East Bay St. just south of Queen St. Mark is on west side of street and is even with southern edge GAS manhole cover at northern edge of 159 East Bay St.
Charleston Reindeer Run Date and Time
and Fees to Register
Date: Dec. 10, 2022
Time: 9 am
Adults (17+) $25 ($35 beginning Aug. 1)
Child (5-16) $15
Children under 4 Free
Registration: Now Open
Packet Pick Up: Half Moon Outfitters on Dec. 9: 12 pm - 6 pm.
The costume contest is a crowd favorite and is back again this year. Dress up in your festive best and enter the contest. Judging begins around 10:00 am behind the stage. The categories include, Adult Individual, Child Individual, Group and Dog. Awards are given to the top 3 from each category with lots of great prizes and gift cards from restaurants and attractions around the Charleston area. Come dressed to win.
Hotels Near the Charleston Reindeer Run
Find top-rated hotels at the lowest prices on Priceline Check rates now!
You might like these
Spending Christmas in Charleston is like taking a trip back in time. Antebellum mansions adorn with garland, holiday traditions passed down from the earliest settlers, and Gullah spirituals and holiday tunes.
Join the celebration at the official Charleston tree lighting ceremony which also includes musical performances and an appearance from Santa Clause.
The Charleston Holiday Festival of Lights at James Island County Park is known for its three-mile driving tour decorated with thousands of lights.
More things to do in Charleston
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?Click on the HTML link code below.Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
var l = window.location.href,
d = document;
document.write('<form action="#"><div style="text-align:center"><textarea cols="50" rows="2" onclick="this.select();"><a href="'+l+'">'+d.title+'</a></textarea></div></form>');
Back to the Top
Copyright © 2009-2023 visit-historic-charleston.com